There is nothing new under the sun. I was first introduced to this concept through the bible (Ecclesiastes 1:9). Can it be that history actually repeats itself? The scenarios may be different, but the process and many of the experiences, patterns and actions are the same. This is also true of personal and professional relationships. When embraced, this concept can be transformative. It means that we already have a wealth of knowledge and experiences from which to build. Often times we think we are the only ones to go through (fill-in-the-blank). By examining the past and reaching out to others, we can benefit from those who have traveled similar journeys. Here are some actions you can take to unleash the power of connection:
1) Stand in your moment. Assess where you are and what your are experiencing at this point in time. Identify the positive aspects of your situation and write them down.
2) Embrace the gifts that are within you. Reflect on them. Know that you are enough and yet, you have an opportunity to be and do more, by leveraging lessons of the past, the opportunities around you and the power of your relationships.
3) Reach out to others who are on a similar journey. Learn from those who can lend support — not just your mentors, friends and family. Read articles, books and connect with those who maybe open to sharing with you.
4) Feed your spirit. Attend networking forums, conferences, workshops, church services and participate it constructive venues that will deepen your connections and simultaneously support you on your journey.
5) Remember that there is nothing new under the sun. You are not alone unless you choose to be.
Connect with Juliette Mayers by sending a request to: @jcmayers and visit www.juliettemayers.com