You’ve made your resolutions and have set your goals. They are specific, measurable and actionable – for example, “lose ten pounds by March 26, 2012.” It is very important that you stay focused on your top goals and that you have an action plan to ensure movement towards the attainment of your objectives. In the weight-loss example, your action plan may include:
- Registering for a gym membership
- Scheduling a standing time/meeting with yourself to go to the gym
- Showing up at the gym (very important J)
- Uploading upbeat music to your iPod to increase your enjoyment
- Setting up a weekly hair appointment to whip your hair back into shape
Keep Your Goals with You
To stay focused, write down your top five goals on a small brightly colored notecard (cut the card if you must) and keep it in your wallet or a small notebook that you keep with you at all times.